Why Use Sunscreen?
Most of us are aware of the dangers of being unprotected in the sun. Whether we’re swimming, camping, at a concert, out shopping, surfing or sun bathing, we can take steps to reduce exposure to UV radiation and reduce our risk of developing skin cancer. Nearly all skin cancers are caused by the damaging effects of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation in sunlight. Sunscreens reduce the amount of damaging UV radiation reaching your skin and the regular use of sunscreen can help reduce the risk of sunburn. Most sunscreens do exactly what they say they do, some do not! With every product range there is a wide range of promises and price points, so what sunscreen do you choose to provide you and your family the best protection?
Why does Island Tribe provide the best protection?
• Independent tests have rated Island Tribe as one of Australia’s highest SPF protectant sunscreens. (AS/NZS 2604: 1998)
• Dermatologically tested & approved for even the most sensitive skin types
• Unique non alcohol based, broad- spectrum CLEAR Gel formula
• 4 hour water & sweat resistant
• Nano Particle free
• Does NOT contains heavy metals such as titanium dioxide
• Non greasy formula - does not clog or irritate the skin
• Will not sting the eyes - (Your kids will love it)
• Will not stain your clothes (Your mum will love it!)
• Not tested on animals
• Our lotion range is enriched with vitamin E and zinc oxide which may reduce premature ageing of the skin
• PABA Free (para amino benzoic acid)
• Proudly Australian made!
Tips for preventing Skin Cancer
UV radiation plays a large role in the development of skin cancer, so protect yourself by following these simple steps:
• Apply ISLAND TRIBE sunscreen liberally 20-30 minutes before going out into the sun.
• Reapply regularly, after swimming or towelling off.
• Seek Shade between 10 am to 4 pm when the sun’s rays are the strongest. • Ensure sunscreen is applied even on cloudy days. Clouds do not block UVA rays which cause sunburn. UV rays can also be reflected off of water, sand, snow, and concrete, so you can even get sunburnt in the shade.
• Cover up with protective clothing such as long sleeve shirts, broad- brimmed hats and UV-blocking sunglasses.
• Always protect your skin when the UV Index is 3 (moderate) or above.
• Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths.
• Do not allow yourself to burn.
• Keep newborns or young children out of the sun. Sunscreens should only be used on babies over the age of six months.
• Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
• See your doctor every six to twelve months for a professional skin exam.
• For more detailed information regarding the complete ISLAND TRIBE range, sun protection facts and advice please visit:
100% Consumer Guarantee
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with any Island Tribe product, return your product with proof of purchase and receive your money back. Terms and Conditions apply. See store for details.